- Simplify 3D – best solution to prepare G-Code for most FDM 3D printers. Wide range of settings. Ease of use.
- Cura – another open source software package for G-Code preparation. The main competitor is Simplify 3D but it’s free.
- Geomagic Studio – The program has a huge range of possibilities. We use this package for stitching polygonal surfaces obtained by 3D scanning.
- Netfabb – An excellent solution for preparing 3D models for 3D printing. Allows to carry out practically any modifications of models before 3D printing both in automatic mode and in manual mode. For example, checking models for printability or breaking an object into its components.
- Meshmixer – Another powerful package for preparing 3D models for 3D printing.
- ZBrush – 3D modeling program based on the sculpting principle.
- 3ds Max – The best solution for 3D polygonal modeling.
- Inventor – 3D CAD for mechanical engineering. Allows you to design, render and simulate solid products.
- InVesalius – DICOM TO STL (TRANSLATE MRI OR CT IN A 3D MODEL)
Free resources for viewing STL files:
In addition for Windows:
- WinToTo – converts a bitmap to vector.